You might have heard of this one, but lemon water is considered to be the best energizer. It does not only quench our thirst better than the other beverage, but it also fills up the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals.
In the morning, our bodies are dehydrated and need water in order to get rid of the toxins accumulated overnight and to rejuvenate the cells. This is the reason why you should try consuming this homemade lemonade that will eliminate the toxins, better the digestive tract function and regulate the work of the kidneys.
20 Convincing Reasons Why You Should Start Your Day With Lemon Water.
1. Lemon is rich in electrolytes like potassium, magnesium and calcium and by drinking this beverage you will provide the needed electrolytes for the body.
2. Lemon water reduces the pain in the joints and muscles.
3. It betters the digestion because lemon contains citric acid which interacts with the other enzymes and acids in the body and it stimulates the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
4. It is good for the liver because the liver produces a lot more enzymes with lemon water than by any other food.
5. Lemon water stimulates the liver to release toxins.
6. Due to the ant-inflammatory properties of the lemon, this drink is an excellent remedy for sore throats, inflammation of the tonsils and infection of the respiratory tract.
7. It helps regulate the natural bowel movement.
8. Lemon is an antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals and improves the immune system.
9. The nervous system also benefits from lemon water. Depression and anxiety are very often caused by low levels of potassium in the blood and the best way to get the daily dose of potassium is through consummation of lemon juice. The nervous system needs potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
10. This drink cleanses the arteries, bold vessels and all of the blood.
11. It can help in lowering the blood pressure by 10% (if you drink one glass a day).
12. Lemon water can help your body in maintaining higher levels of pH. The higher the pH in the body, the more immune the body is to diseases.
13. Drinking lemon water will improve your skin. The vitamin C will rejuvenate the cells and make your skin look younger.
14. It helps in diluting uric acid, which can lead to pain in the joints and gout.
15. Since lemon is filled with vitamin C, this drink is highly recommended for pregnant women. It helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby and the potassium helps in forming cells of the brain and the nervous system.
16. For reliving heartburn, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in a half glass of water.
17. Lemon water can help in dissolving kidney stones, pancreatic stones, gallstones and calcium deposits.
18. Because lemon contains pectin fiber, which helps with hunger craving, water lemon helps with faster weight loss. Studies have shown that people with a better alkaline diet lose weight much faster.
19. Is helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
20. And last but not least, lemon water prevents cancer. This happens because lemons are highly alkaline foods and scientists have found out that cancer is unable to live in and alkaline environment.
For this recipe you need half a glass of warm, purified water or spring water, and juice of at least half a lemon or lime. Squeeze the juice in the water and stir. Drink this mixture every morning, on an empty stomach, preferably one hour before your meal for maximum results.