There are numerous people all around the world who suffer from neck or back pain at some point in life. Namely, the stiffness or pain in the neck and back leads to muscle cramps and makes the neck weaker and heavier too. This pain appears due to an injury, hernia disc, a degenerated vertebrae, strained muscles or stenosis of the spine.Likewise, it can be also caused by age or folded back, exercise, insomnia, poor body posture, heavy loads and reading in bed. Unfortunately, the cause of back pain in 85% cases cannot be detected, and even magnetic resonance cannot provide a proper diagnosis too. Hence, the back pain is usually acute for about a month and can disappear without any treatment. But on the other hand, in case it is chronic, it can last longer and you will need a proper cure or treatment.
If you want to treat the pain in the back then the following tips can be of great help:
- You should try exercises and stretches in order to treat back pain, and avoid sitting for hours. Instead, you need to stand up and move around occasionally.
- Deformed and overused mattresses may sometimes cause pain, so you should change yours if it is older than 5 years.
- You should never sleep on the belly because this can make the pain even worse
- You should often go walking or running, and you should try hiking too
- Should be careful and not lift or carry heavy loads, because this may cause an injury, or damage the joints of the spine.
- If you have small children, you need to take the child in the arms, crouch and then slowly lift it with the thigh muscles, not the back.
- In all activities, first bend the knees especially when carrying bags, babies, or brushing the teeth.
Apart from this, the shoulders are also delicate and are also susceptible to damage. Thus,the pain in the shoulders may be caused by:
- Dislocation injury
- Stiff shoulder
- Fracture of the bone on the hand
- Unstable joints
Besides this, the pain in the neck can also be acute, and last less than 4 months, or chronic, and it can last longer. Consequently, it can be caused by:
- Physical inactivity
- Bad posture for walking or sitting,
- Damaged or stretched neck structures (ligament, muscle, tendon)
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Bad sleeping position
These are the tips that can help you relieve neck pain:
- You must reduce stress, because it causes various health issues, also try to relax, meditation, yoga, or everything that calms you.
- Should try massages, because they relax the muscles
- You can also apply cold and hot compress on the aching areas on every few hours.
- Need to exercise regularly, and move the neck muscles in order to relax them.
- You need to change the position in which you sleep or the pillow. Hence, the feather pillows are soft for the head and neck. In addition, you can use a travel pillow when traveling, and proper joint support too.