Throughout the entire world, and particularly in the United States, the sugar addiction has become a severe health issue. This issue leads to various serious health problems, like heart disease, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and even cancer. In many cases, these illnesses have been caused by the consumption of candy, juices, sugary sodas, energy drinks, and processed foods.
You are not at risk if you consume these foods moderately, but if sugar is a regular part of your diet, either via food, or drinks, sodas, yogurts, pouch juices, breakfast cereals, candy, or salad dressings, you are likely to suffer from serious health issues.
On the other hand, sugar is also included in bananas, honey, mangoes, fresh fruit juices, and raisins, yet, in the form of simple carbohydrates.
People who have overdosed with sugars feel the following symptoms: depression, mental disorientation, consequent fatigue, headaches, hyperactivity, yeast infections, colds, sinus issues, and sleepiness. As we stated, high sugar amounts also lead to severe diseases, like diabetes, heart diseases, and cancer, especially breast cancer.
If you wonder what the link between the consumption of sugar and weight gain is, this is the explanation: as soon as sugar enters the body, it boosts our body energy, and the rest, which is not needed, is stored as fat.
Moreover, added sugar is different from the natural one, as it goes in the intestines and there has a reaction with the intestinal bacteria, raising the levels of sugar in the blood and leading to a fat accumulation on the thighs, waist, hips, and stomach area.
These are 5 tell-tale symptoms of an addiction to sugar:
- Rewarding yourself with sugar
- Eating due to cravings, not hunger
- Hiding the stash of sweets
- Being defensive of the intake of sugar
- Consuming certain foods despite the serious health issues you are experiencing
Furthermore, experts confirmed that the more sugar you eat, the more sugar the body demands. Hence, if you quit the habit of consuming sugary foods and drinks, you will significantly improve your health. You will look and feel much better, and you will have twice the energy you have now during the day.
It is a fact that the breaking of this charmed circle is not easy, but the following 3-day diet plan will really help you start that fight and enjoy a healthy and sugar-free life.
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oats, sprinkled with some berries and almonds or seeds, or 3 boiled or scrambled eggs.
- Morning snack: 1 bowl of nuts;
- Lunch: 1 chicken breast with some cooked butternut squash, turnips, beets, parsnips, carrots, beans, and almonds.
- Dinner: Broiled fish and a bowl of green beans, or a salmon with mushrooms and broccoli.
Don’t forget to drink a lot of water every day (65 to 100 oz / 2 to 3 liters daily).
- Breakfast: 1 cup of steel-cut oats with some seeds, berries, or almonds, or 3 scrambled eggs with spinach.
- Mid-morning snack: a small bowl of nuts;
- Lunch: A salad with shredded red cabbage, carrots, and green cabbage, with some olive oil, lemon, parsley, and salt, or grilled zucchini, red peppers, and yellow peppers with some lemon, thyme, and vinegar dressing.
- Dinner: baked cod with stir-fried bok choy, roasted turnips and Brussels sprouts or a soup made from baked cod and steamed green vegetables with a vegetable casserole.
Don’t forget to drink water every day (65 to 100 oz / 2 to 3 liters daily).
- Breakfast: 1 cup of steel-cut oats with almonds, seeds, berries, or an omelet made from 3 eggs, sautéed kale and seasonings.
- Mid-morning snack: 1 small bowl of nuts;
- Lunch: chicken roasted in an oven with onion, thyme, and black olives, or roasted chicken thighs with some sage, lemon, and rosemary.
- Dinner: penne pasta from brown rice with sauce from tomatoes, basil, and mushrooms, or some soup from celery, mushrooms, thyme, garlic, carrots and bay leaves.
*The morning snack during these three days is the same and consists of a small bowl of nuts.
Also here are few detox drinks that will boost your metabolism and replace the sugary drinks:
- Black coffee without sugar, — no more than a cup per day
- Green or herbal tea 3 times daily (unsweetened ).
- Detox water on a daily basis.
Moreover, note that the drinks you consume are of same importance as the food you eat. Therefore, drink lots of water throughout the day in order to hydrate the body and improve your functions.