As we all know the refined sugar is extremely addictive. Professor Noebel of Princeton University revealed that – “sugar can successfully stimulate all the receptors in order to activate the same pathways that are stimulated directly by drugs like heroin or morphine.” According a 2010 study, the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs asserted that ‘Sugar Addiction” goes through the same pathways in the brain like the drug does. And just like with any other addiction, the sugar addiction is very difficult habit to break. In order to curb the cravings and break this cycle, people need to undergo an actual detox process. Namely, the good news is that studies have claimed that using natural approach, such as using peppermint essential oil, can help in beating the sugar addiction.
Alan Hirsch MD, in his study discovered the peppermint`s effect on brain`s satiety center. He showed that it that stimulates a sensation of fullness after a meal. Eventually, he concluded that the inhaling peppermint directly affects the satiety center, which is the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint it`s a hybrid mint since it is a cross between spearmint and watermint. Nowadays the peppermint is widely grown in many regions worldwide. In addition, peppermint oil is known as one of the best-selling favorites among essential oils. The reason for this is because it has been found to provide a wide plethora of therapeutic benefits, like offering respiratory benefits, decreasing tuberculosis-induced inflammation, clearing up phlegm, relieving indigestion and improving the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, preventing asthma, addressing pain of all kinds, easing herpes infections, managing stress and treating nervous disorders etc.
How to Use Peppermint Essential Oil?
You can either apply the oil to the feet or use a diffuser to inhale the aroma as cravings come on.
- Firstly, you need to apply a few drops with a carrier on abdomen and temples,
- Then, directly diffuse or inhale,
- Next, mix two drops of peppermint essential oil with two drops of coconut oil, and then apply the mixture inside the center of your wrists.
How to Make Peppermint Oil?
In order to make your own peppermint essential oil, you will need the following things:
- Some fresh peppermint leaves (found in health food stores or supermarkets)
- Carrier oil, it is preferable olive oil
- One glass jar with a tight lid
To begin with, you need to crush or chop the previously washed peppermint leaves, and then put them in a jar along with the carrier oil. Next, you have to seal the jar and wait 24 hours. Then, strain the oil, add more of the ingredients, and reseal. Further, repeat the process for 5 days, remove the leaves, and then transfer the oil in another container. You should store it in cool place.
The main uses of Peppermint Essential Oil:
- You should take a few drops in a Veggie Capsule if you want to relieve stomach upset
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy
- For a refreshing twist just add a few drops to your smoothie
- To freshen breath put a drop in your mouth
- For an energy boost rub on temples in the morning
- It is often found in oral health products too
- It promotes proper respiratory function
- Promotes digestive health
- Helps reduce gas and bloating as well.