Every single one of us has felt depressed, but actually depression is a very serious condition that needs to be treated. It is a mood disorder which is characterized by low mood and people who have the mildest form of it are able to lead a healthy life. However, when depression is severe it can be threatening for your life and it requires medical support.
There are several symptoms and signs by which you will be able to identify someone suffering from depression.
- fatigue and low energy
- insomnia or excessive sleeping
- feeling sad, anxious, “empty”
- hopeless and guilty
- having suicide thoughts and suicide attempts, etc
Today we want to teach you about the healing powers of the turmeric. First of all, it helps in preventing the breaking of cells into cancerous cells and it is quite beneficial if you suffer from Alzheimer’s. It also fights skin cancer, reduces acidity, heals liver disorders, jaundice, heals stomach disorders, prevents cholesterol oxidation, cures arthritis and so on.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
All of this happens due to turmeric’s high levels of antioxidants and its powerful anti-inflammatory benefits.
It has an amazing impact on your brain,
lowers the chances of developing heard diseases and also,
what is very important for us today,
is the fact that helps in fighting depression.
How Turmeric Fight Depression?
- There are a number of medications made to fight depression, the most common being Prozac. However, when using these medications there appear many negative side effects like: suicidal effects, difficulty in breathing and bleeding in the stomach.
- According to a research, scientists have discovered that the ingredient curcumin, which can be found in turmeric, is very effective in fighting depression and it does not cause any side effects.
Turmeric Lemonade Recipe
What you need:
- 4 glasses of cold filtered or sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon of grated or powdered turmeric
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- Juice of 1 or 2 blood oranges or regular oranges
- 3 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup, honey or Stevia (if you are avoiding sugar)
How to make it:
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl, stir until everything is dissolved and serve. Add ice for a refreshing drink.
If you are using medication, please do not consume turmeric in any form.