You have probably seen many health articles about the benefits of honey and lemon juice and this is a topic that has been discussed for several years now. Also, honey and lemons have been used as a natural remedy for flu and colds since ancient times. However, not everybody fully understands the science behind the results they produce. Let us try and explain.
- Honey is one of the best natural remedies for flu and colds because it has antibacterial properties. It strengthens your immune system and can accelerate the time your body needs to heal during sickness.
- Lemon juice is very rich in vitamin C which is crucial in strengthening the immune system.
When these two natural remedies are combined, they can do miracles for your body and are excellent in fighting the flu.
Crystal Davis is a woman who decided to test the effectiveness of this powerful combination and experience the benefits herself. She had to deal with flu and colds most of her life because of her weak immune system and she always leaned on cold medicine bought from the pharmacy. After some time she decided to take matters into her own hands and started drinking honey-lemon water every morning on an empty stomach for one year. During this period she discovered that there are a lot of improvements to her general health and body and decided to continue drinking this mixture permanently.
Here are the benefits:
- First of all, she was more energetic in the morning which led her to stop drinking coffee in the morning to start her day.
- Second, because the mixture is a natural diuretic which stimulates waste removal out of the body, she stopped having problems with the urinary tract infection.
- Third, her skin started glowing. This happened due to honey that helped the collagen levels to increase in the body and the lemon juice that purified the blood leading to a healthier skin.
- Fourth, this mixture helped her to lose weight much faster.
Here is the recipe if you wish to try this experiment:
- Slice one lemon, take one half and squeeze the juice in a glass.
- Then add a teaspoon of honey and pour warm water.
- Stir until the ingredients are combined.
Quite easy, right? You need to drink this every morning as soon as you wake up, but before you have your breakfast. Do not expect results and effects overnight. Be patient and within few weeks your immune system will better and all the above mentioned results will start to show.