You should know that there is no magic wand that will magically cure your high blood pressure. Nevertheless, your pressure can be controlled by making wise food choices and exercise frequently. If you or your beloved one is affected with this condition, you can cook delicious meals that may aid the lowering of your blood pressure.
If you are interested in a healthier meal plan, read the following recipes which are beneficial for people with high blood pressure:
Almond and Barley Salad:
- 1 cup of pearl barley
- 1 can of kidney beans
- half a cup of roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon of diced scallions
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup of diced zucchini
- 1 large diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Boil the vegetable broth.
- Add the salt and barley and let the ingredients summer in low temperature.
- Keep the pot covered for 10 min. or until the barley is soft.
- Put the zucchini, kidney beans, scallions, pepper and almonds in a salad bowl.
- When the barley is cooked, move to a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Mix the ingredients and add olive oil, salt, and vinegar.
This salad is rich with ingredients which are beneficial for hypertension , particularly if you consume it at a weekly basis.
- 1 pound of lean turkey (ground)
- one egg, half a cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of onion
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- Blend all the ingredients appropriately before you reach the next step.
- Bake a loaf pan that contains the ingredients at a temperature of 350F.
- After baking you can cut the meat and eat.
This is a simple recipe is good not only for those with hypertension, but also for those who are healthy. Our only advice is to be careful when choosing ketchup – choose the one with low sodium features.
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 large artichokes
- ground pepper
- Fill with water and lemon juice in a Dutch oven.
- Take away the leaves of the artichoke cut the tips of the ones that remained.
- Remove the fibrous layer with a vegetable peeler.
- Drip the artichokes in the lemon juice in order to prevent it from turning brown.
- Allow the lemon juice to boil.
- Afterwards, let it cool for approximately 10 min. on a cutting board.
- Preheat the grill to medium and cut the artichokes while you are waiting.
- Add a little bit of salt and pepper and brush with oil when you have removed the artichoke.
- Grill the artichokes (5 min. for every side) .
- Use the remaining lemon when you serve the meal.
This recipes have sufficient nutritious values that can be beneficial in the process of reducing hypertension and allow you to live a healthy life.